Tuesday, August 09, 2005

House da-capo-al-fine

We looked at houses.

We discussed the relative merits of said houses as we headed round the supermarket for our bi-weekly shop.

We got back home.

4 missed calls, all from the estate agents for Mr and Mrs We-Don't-Want-To-Move-Until-November.

Mr and Mrs We-Don't-Want-To-Move-Until-November have, it appears, agreed to move by 20th October.

We accepted this.

We have, it appears, an agreement.

If and when we exchange contracts, we may even feel free to start celebrating about it. Until then, we will wait with patient resignation for the next piece of fuckwittery to hit us.

4 Comments:

At August 10, 2005 6:13 AM, Blogger Kitty said...

Oh and much fuckwittery there is indeed in the fresh fun fantastic world of flat finding.

(Ok I know it's not a flat, but I love the alliteration and that was the best that word's thesaurus could come up with)

 
At August 10, 2005 10:24 AM, Blogger Gina said...

How about the harried, hectic, hateful world of house hunting??

 
At August 11, 2005 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurrah! Good for you! I hope it goes through ok for you and there's not too much more stress to deal with...

Btw, I've only just refound this blog for the first time after my inital comment made when you first started it -- hence the silence -- so expect more comments from now on. :)

 
At August 19, 2005 12:36 PM, Blogger Dr Sarah said...

Oooh - I have another new reader! Hi, Gina! How did you find the blog?

And an old one back. Which is good to see, because I'd concluded I'd just bored you so much with going on about sleep training that you'd decided never to come back. ;-)

At the moment, I'm trying not to mention my whereabouts. This is rather excessively coy of me, since I've mentioned where I live plenty of times on the Internet in the past - there's no very logical reason why having a blog should change this, and I suspect I'll eventually go ahead and tell people. However, I'm currently being cautious - operating on the basis that not telling people is a decision I can always change, whereas telling people is more irrevocable.

Thanks for posting, everybody!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home